THE PROPHCEY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are you so special? ((Lydia))

2 posters

Go down

Why are you so special? ((Lydia)) Empty Why are you so special? ((Lydia))

Post  Hector Sofnne Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 pm

The boy sat on the edge of the building, he had no real name other than the one he had given him. Hector Sofnne. His 'last name' played off the fact he didn't know who his parents were. It was the phrase 'Son Of None', with letters taken out. At the time he found the humorous, but now it has grown on him. He thought once again about the life he lost, he wondered if he had parents, if they had been looking for him for these years. He sighed and tried to shake the thoughts out of his head, but he knew they would always plagued him till he got answers. He knew the key would find him in D.C., he also needed to find the girl. The girl, she was the only thing he remembered form his old life. Her face imprinted in his mind. "It is calm nights like this where my mind it most restless." He stayed up there for several more hours just thinking and pondering what his next move would be.

Hector stood up and patted his jeans, then with a smile he tossed himself off the building. He did a flip so he was standing up right, he was a few stories up when he caught himself. From there he lowered himself to a fire escape. He could make platforms of wind under his feet, it didn't have much flexibly he was only able to move in straight lines but it was the best feeling. Flying. Sweat covered his face from the effort of catching himself, but he couldn't help himself sometimes. He knew his abilities and knew he could catch himself. He wasn't scared. He wiped off his forehead with his forearm. He climbed down the last few stories until his feet were back on solid ground. He wore a white T and jeans, it was just enough to stay warm in the cool night's air.

He started waking back to the motel he stayed at, he had recently arrived in D.C. after finding a clue about his past. He had waken up one morning in an alley in New York five years ago. Why was I in New York? Why was a NEARLY DEAD? That's a better question really. Hector was too lost in thought to really pay attention where he was going. He turned into an alley, "I don't really want to go back yet. He turned out of the ally and continued walking. He soon found himself in a busy intersection where he tried running across. As he did a car shot out from his the corner of his eye. He hadn't been paying attention until the horn had hit him. He knew if he made a run for it he was done.

With a jump he shot himself into the air, the car passing under him. He hung there for a second and then began to drop, point his fist to the ground he yelled. Two invisible torrent missiles of wind shot from his arms. Slowly bringing him to the ground, he could feel his arms aching and shaking as he descended the last few feet. He hated using wind blast like that, it always left him feeling weak and tired. Hector took off as soon as he landed, he couldn't attach attention to himself. He was too weak to fight and win. He ducked into a store around the corner hoping no one saw. His head down he waited in the store for sometime.
Hector Sofnne
Hector Sofnne

Back to top Go down

Why are you so special? ((Lydia)) Empty Re: Why are you so special? ((Lydia))

Post  Lydia Lea Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Lydia had been in the store for a few minutes now. She was walking through the aisles trying to make it look like she was simply browsing through the store, but she was really looking at the placement of security cameras. She determined there were only two, and while they covered most of the store, she could make out a few blind spots. The back corner seemed like the safest place to grab something, then she would move to the front of the store and purchase something cheaper, as not to draw any suspicion to herself.

As she moved towards the back she noticed a boy standing in the corner. "Dammit." She whispered to herself. Lydia turned back to the shelves, waiting for the boy to leave.
Lydia Lea
Lydia Lea

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Sofnne Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Out of the corner of his eye Hector spotted a girl, her expression was that of annoyance. He believed it to be directed at himself. With a chuckle he gave the girl a glance. He was standing in the corner of the store, it's where he felt safest. He had made the exit's and knew he could hit both if someone came in, also the guy behind the counter didn't seem to care to much that a boy was just standing there. He clearly didn't want to buy anything, he was just resting. He sank to the floor, not caring what the others thought. He didn't know them, nor did he care too. He just needed a place to rest his head for alittle bit, he had a terrible headache. Sigh he got up, and grabbed a pack of headache meds. He went up and paid for it and a bottle of water. He could have stolen them with ease, but he could afford it so he felt alittle honor bound to pay for it. He went back to his corner and took the medicine and a swig of water. "That is the last time I try that, I don't care what's going on." Hector wasn't all that good with wind blasts. He was great when it came to repetitive bursts of it, or using it to fly. Or to jump higher or run faster. But the constant blast was horribly painful for him.

He looked at the girl who was still there, she seemed to be waiting for something. She kept checking out the security of the place, in his head he chuckled. Ohhhh I see, we have alittle thief here. She could probably take money from the cash register and be halfway to New York before this guy knew the money was gone. He wondered why she kept waiting, after awhile he shrugged and got up. He was feeling better, he looked at the girl one last time. He raised his eyebrow looked to the cameras and shook his head in a knowing way. She wasn't that good of a thief or so he thought, seeing as you spent so much time here it aroused suspicion not only that. You could do whatever you wanted and the guy behind the counter wouldn't care. He just smiled and made his way towards the exit, wondering what the girl was going to do. He got out of the girls way, but stayed around just to make sure she didn't do anything stupid that would get someone hurt.

((Sorry it's so short my bad Razz))
Hector Sofnne
Hector Sofnne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Lea Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 pm

((Don't worry, it's more than I'm putting out))

Lydia watch the boy leave the area. Once she felt she was in the clear she grabbed a few items she could carry in her pockets with ease, which seeing as she was wearing cargo pants, equated to quite a bit. She didn't take enough to arouse suspicion to herself at the time, or even to alert any employees who saw the shelf after she left. Just enough to satisfy herself and to make it look like nothing was missing.

She made her way to the front of the store, audibly muttering, "Barely have enough money for anything here." She grabbed a cheap pack of gum on the counter and payed for it, giving the cashier a smile. After wishing him a nice day, Lydia made her way towards the exit, passing the boy from earlier.
Lydia Lea
Lydia Lea

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Sofnne Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Hector sighed when the girl took some stuff, he held his comments for later. He paid for some chewing gum and walked past him. He shot her a glance and followed her out. As he exited the store and the cold night air hit him he smiled. He did truly enjoy the cold, he looked down the rode and what he saw made him cringe, there was a camera crew of people interviewing people. Allot of gangs had kids with powers, he guessed the locals thought it was a gang member. He sighed, shook his head. he turned the other way and slipped his hands in his pockets and whistled a quiet tune to himself. He saw the girl, his mind on what he had seen alittle bit before. He knew that kids with powers were feared, so police shouldn't be to far behind right? He ran up to the girl, hoping that if he walked with her it's look less suspicious than a lone male teenager walking away from where a 'powered freak' was spotted.

He knew the girl probably didn't know anything about any of this. He doubted she had heard more than rumors about all this stuff. He guessed she was just a troubled girl, argo the stealing. Hector realized he wasn't that far away from her, for he had stolen his fair share of stuff. His reason was for survival though, he had little money. The girl probably had parents, parents who loved her and gave her money. "So what'd you steal back there? Sorry you weren't being the sneakiest of people by standing there for awhile, than leaving with a pack of gum. Plus I can see your pockets aren't empty." He knew saying all this could get him in a fight with the girl. But he tried to make his voice sound friendly enough. He just hoped the girl would have something to say that wasn't an insult.
Hector Sofnne
Hector Sofnne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Lea Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Lydia continued down the street at a slightly faster pace than usual. She was unfamiliar with DC and wanted to get to where she as staying as quickly as possible. Lydia heard footsteps behind her and soon the boy from the store caught up to her. Lydia slowed her pace to normal, wondering what he wanted. He asked her what she had stolen and pointed out her lack of stealth. She weighed her options carefully. Lydia could run, fight, or humor the boy. At the moment the two looked completely innocent to any bystander, they weren't attracting any attention to themselves. Running or fight would cause that to change.

"Dinner for tonight. Chips and candy aren't the healthiest thing in the world, but it'll hold me over until morning." Lydia answered. "And just so you know, I wasn't trying to get past you. Just the cashier." She chuckled "Hell, if he even realizes anything was stolen, he'll probably think it was you. You were in the back longer than me and they always think it was guy rather than the girl."
Lydia Lea
Lydia Lea

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Sofnne Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 am

Hector was slightly shocked she took his appearance so well. He nodded, he had underestimated this girl it was going to happen again. As they walked the girl started talking, "Dinner for tonight. Chips and candy aren't the healthiest thing in the world, but it'll hold me over until morning. And just so you know, I wasn't trying to get past you. Just the cashier. Hell, if he even realizes anything was stolen, he'll probably think it was you. You were in the back longer than me and they always think it was guy rather than the girl." Hector waited until she was done talking before he spoke. He thought of what to say, "Yes but it wouldn't be the first time I would be labeled a thief and even if she does blame me" he let out a knowing chuckle "there wouldn't be much he could so. Also how did you know I wouldn't rat you out the the dude behind the counter? You know as well as I do, I saw you from the beginning." He let all that sink in before he decided to speak up again. "So whats your name? Mine..... well mine is Hector." The pause had caught him a little off guard. Why am I pausing IT IS my name after all. It's not my birth name, but my name none the less. So why did I pause? They turned the corner and he saw a large group of guys coming towards them. They seemed thugish, much to Hector's annoyance. Hector looked to the ground and tried to look as meek as possible, he hoped he wouldn't draw any attention. A fight was no what he wanted now, even though he was sure he could take every single one of them he didn't know what'd he'd do after when the cops showed or what he would do with the girl.

((Up to you what happens next, a fight or whatever idk.))
Hector Sofnne
Hector Sofnne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Lea Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Lydia smiled when the boy asked her how she knew he wouldn't rat her out. "You got that look, you know? You've had to steal before. You get it." She replied. Lydia had taken a chance reading him back in the store, she wouldn't have gone through with it if the boy didn't look like a thief, or at least an ex-thief, himself. The boy introduced himself as Hector, but with the way he paused introducing himself, Lydia wondered if it was his real name. "I'm Lydia."

The two rounded the corner and saw a couple of thuggish guys hanging around. "Great..." Lydia muttered. She grabbed Hector's hand and pulled him closer, placing her other hand on her shoulder to try and draw attention away from them. She nudged him a bit when he tried to make himself look meek. The weaker the two looked, the easier targets they would seem. Unfortunately her efforts were in vain. The group had noticed Hector and Lydia and one of them made their way over to them, matching their pace.

Lydia Lea
Lydia Lea

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Sofnne Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Hector knew that looking weak hadn't helped, and he knew scaring them off wouldn't help my mundane means. He could use his powers, but he thought the girl would freak out. He cracked his neck once, and got ready for a fight. It was better prepared than not. He looked relaxed but his attention was on the footsteps behind him, he waited for them to get closer or farther away. In the meantime he kept up the conversation with the girl. The most inattentive he looked from behind the better. He shot the girl a look, telling her to do the same. He didn't dare turn his head to tip the thugs off behind him. He knew there type, the pack of retarded thugs who thought they were all the coolest things out there.

"I didn't know there was a look that came with the territory, I might have to take note of that. He picked up there conversation, not really paying attention. Just letting his mouth answer the questions while his brain focused on what he would do. "Nice to meet you Alice, my name is Tommy. So your place is close by here right? He got her name wrong and his, he wasn't stupid enough to yell out that infront of other people. Especially ones that looked as stupid and unfriendly as the ones following them in D.C. at night. He had no idea where this chick's home was he just hoped she would lie and say yes. He heard what he wished he hadn't, the footsteps were getting closer. Hector balled his fists and got ready to fight, before he caught himself. He relaxed, he was trained in UFC he knew how to react to any kind of blow they game him. His real weapon right now was surprise. So he waited.
Hector Sofnne
Hector Sofnne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Lea Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Lydia kept walking, eyes forward. One look back would start something that she really felt like avoiding. Besides, without the others around, her powers weren't going to help her out much. Hector shot Lydia a look that told her to go along with whatever he was planning.

"Oh you can see it in the eyes really, you look like a boxer. My dad has the exact same look." She replied, trying to make Hector seem as intimidating as possible. He had a nice build and from what Lydia could tell from where her hand was placed, boxing wasn't that far of a stretch. Hector, or Tommy, asked about her house. "It's just another block or two up ahead. It's really nice of you to walk me home Tommy. I don't have anything to take but you never know what people might try." She said as casually as possible, trying to make the thug lose interest. However, it seemed not to work as the footsteps behind them grew quicker.
Lydia Lea
Lydia Lea

Back to top Go down

Post  Hector Sofnne Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

"Oh you can see it in the eyes really, you look like a boxer. My dad has the exact same look." He wanted to yell, this girl was not making it easier for them to get away. There were six people behind him, they wouldn't be scared or intimidated when they were in a group. So making him seem like a big deal was a horrible idea, This could not get any worse. He just waited for what he knew was to come. He knew it was coming soon, that this right now was the calm before the storm. He was glad the girl had some wit about her, he atleast played along with what he had said. "It's just another block or two up ahead. It's really nice of you to walk me home Tommy. I don't have anything to take but you never know what people might try."

He surpressed a laugh, this girl had no idea what she was doing, and if the situation would have been any less serious he would have fallen over laughing. He swore that after this if the girl was still with him, he would teach her how to be less.... idiotic. He hoped whatever they said threw the other people off, it didn't. He knew it was to late, he looked for places that weren't so open. The fight was going to be on his terms, not anyone else's. He saw an alley, it seemed empty from where he was standing, he hoped it wasn't one of the many alleys that lead to a dead end. He pulled the girl close and whispered, "Trust me."

He turned them into the alley way, dismay fell upon him. It was a dead end, so now he would have to go though all of the punks before he could walk away. He stopped walking, he didn't need surprise anymore. He had them where he wanted, and they didn't even realize it. He heard taunts beings thrown, as the group closed in on there prey. Hector waited, he balled his fist than at the last second spun around and let out a right hook. The punch connected, than almost a half second later, the kid he hit was thrown into the wall of the alley way. Hector had punched the kid than used his power, when ever he landed a blow he would release a built up pressure of air. The blast was usually much worse than the punch. Hector looked up at the remaining five, "Who's next? He was not going to let anything happen to the girl, and more importantly himself.
Hector Sofnne
Hector Sofnne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Lea Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Lydia was off her game and she knew it. She figured that if she wasn't trying to keep Hector out of trouble, or maybe if there wasn't a group of these pricks she would of been okay. But for whatever reason she was saying all the wrongs things at all the wrongs times (though she figured the gang would focus more on Hector than herself so in some ways she was in the clear). She kept walking, not daring to look back when she heard Hector whisper "Trust me."

That was laughable. For all she knew Hector was with these guys and sent out to target innocent (more or less) victims to jump. But she knew she had to play her cards right and bolting really wasn't the smartest move, so she gave Hector a quick nod a followed. He led her down an alley way and suddenly bolting seemed a lot less stupid, but there was no turning back now. She took in a sharp breath and before she knew it Hector's fist blew the thug who had been following them away.

Lydia spun around as quickly as possible so no one could get her from behind. You was a skinnier girl so she wasn't worth much in a fight, not to mention her powers were practically useless. What Lydia did lack in power though, she made up in speed. She darted over to the side of the alley to find something, anything to use as a weapon. An old piece of copper pipping was the first thing her hand went for. Copper wasn't the hardest thing in the world, but it was light and would give her powers a little bit of a boost. Lydia focused as much as she could on the pipe to send a steady, albeit weak, stream of electricity, just enough to cause some extra pain. Once she got it going she swung it at another one of the thugs giving him a decent welt on his neck and sending a quick shock through him.
Lydia Lea
Lydia Lea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down